CCFRD is a Cape Town-based organisation working towards the upliftment of our communities and the social integration of the refugee community (including asylum seekers & migrants) in the broader South African community.
African people peacefully living and working together to uplift their communities.
“CCFRD strives to establish a peaceful environment that is conducive to social development, and where everyone has equal access to health, education and human rights.”
- To provide skills transfers and community upliftment outcomes, e.g. improving literacy and numeracy, extra English, Afrikaans, Maths & Science classes, French, adults English and computer literacy classes.
- To equip community members with practical job-seeking skills (Internet job search, CV writing trainings and interview tips).
- To raise awareness in the vulnerable communities, with an emphasis on youth, about crippling pandemics such as HIV/AIDS, STIs and TB.
- To provide community services to targeted communities (including refugees, asylum seekers, and migrants) regarding HIV/AIDS, TB, STIs and other related diseases and their conditions.
- To empower communities, especially men and boys, to take a firm stand against gender based violence and gender inequality.
- To promote basic human rights of key population (refugees, Asylum Seekers and Migrants).
- To build the capacity of individuals and partner organizations in the areas of CCFRD expertise (Education, Health and Human rights).